Online training seminar, Colour Made Simple is a holistic and practical online approach to colour theory designed to teach the fundamentals of visual colour assessment and instrumental colour measurement for Industry, Design and Research.
Special offer! 20% discount for ICAB members.
ICA-B members will receive a special discount code in email after filling out the subscribe form. Please allow us a few days to respond. Not yet a member? Read about what’s in it for you.
Nick Harkness, Colour Scientist, NHPL Sydney along with Stephen Westland, Professor of Colour Science and Technology and Dr. Vien Cheung School of Design, University of Leeds welcome you to our online training seminar Colour Made Simple designed to teach the fundamentals of visual colour assessment and instrumental colour measurement for Industry, Design and Research.
Colour Made Simple is ideal for:
- Large, medium sized, small organisations and Individuals. It enables good colour understanding and the ability to communicate colour issues within a range of departments e.g. Design, Marketing, Production, R &D plus Sales.
- Speaking the same colour language and using the same terminology is critical for product development, creative projects, IP and brand management when colour issues occur.
- New comers to an organisation. CMS represents a fast track into the world of colour measurement for a wide range applications.
- Universities looking to augment course material or university students seeking to deepen their knowledge on this subject over a wide range of academic disciplines
- People with a passion for colour
The are many advantages to an online platform for example:
- Available anytime from anywhere, no need to wait until a face to face seminar is planned for your location
- No time out for travel with related expense
- No time restraints, fits in with busy schedules
- Students can work at their own pace without distractions
The content is based on a one-day face to face seminar which Nick Harkness, has been presenting for over 20 years to well over a thousand attendees from a broad range of industries and research institutions. A smorgasbord of colour theory
Professor Stephen Westland has also been presenting similar workshops and we, together with Dr Vien Cheung and Rebecca Harkness have decided to pool resources and offer this as an online seminar. The team from the University of Leeds have produced the online colour exercises which are an integral component of the seminar and are designed to colourfully describe the fundamentals of colour language.
Online attendees sign in individually for the seminar and there is no time limit set by us to complete the seminar which comprises of nineteen chapters. In addition to the colour exercises, there are tests at the end of each Chapters 1 to 18 which have to be completed before proceeding.
Find the full course curriculum here.